This past weekend, I took a road trip with my mini-adventurer to meet a friend and her two-year-old. We didn’t want to risk taking them out to eat much. Taking two-year-olds out to eat without COVID is a lot on its own. So we decided to meal plan in advance.
This Mediterranean crustless quiche is one of the quick and easy recipes I whipped up for us. I hope you like it.
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cups fresh spinach
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers, press out some of the liquid before adding
1/3 cup fresh feta cheese in brine
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Heat olive oil in a large pan, add chopped garlic and sauté until fragrant. Then add fresh spinach.
- Saute spinach until it cooks down.
- Remove from the heat, and let it cool down. Once it’s cool, chop up the cooked spinach.
- Beat the eggs and milk in a large bowl.
- Add chopped Kalamata olives, roasted red pepper, and spinach to the quiche pan. Sprinkle feta cheese over the vegetables.
- Add the whisked egg mixture to the top.
- Add some salt and freshly ground pepper. If you have any fresh herbs on hand, like parsley or basil, you can throw that in as well.
- Add quiche mixture to the oven and bake for 35 minutes.